At Sinful Skin Tattoo and Piercing we strive to provide the utmost professionalism in the cleanliest and safest environment for all of our guests and staff. All of our artists are Blood Borne Pathogens certified as consistent with OSHA BBP Standard 20 CFR 1910.1030. As well as maintaining a professional workplace we also feel it is important to maintain the feel and experience of a classic American tattoo parlor. Our wide range of artistic abilities allows us to cover all the bases to meet our customers’ needs for most any and all styles of tattooing. We gladly welcome and accept walk-in tattoos. Appointments are recommended for bigger tattoos and/or custom work. Please feel free to call or stop in and ask about our availability.
1. Remove bandage in 3 to 5 hours UNLESS OTHERWISE INSTRUCTED BY YOUR ARTIST.
2. With clean hands only, thoroughly wash your tattoo with hot water and a good lather of antibacterial liquid soap. Liquid Dial Gold Soap or Liquid Dr. Bronner’s Castile Soap is recommended. Rinse thoroughly. DO NOT use bar soaps.
3. Pat dry the tattoo with a clean paper towel and apply a small amount of PALMERS COCOA BUTTER* to the tattoo. Be sure to use the Cocoa Butter in a jar, not the lotion pump bottle. Massage all of the cocoa butter completely into the tattoo and be sure there is no excess left behind.
CONTINUE TO: WASH, DRY, LOTION TWO TO THREE TIMES A DAY FOR A TWO WEEK PERIOD
4. No direct sunlight, saunas, soaking, submerging, or swimming of any kind during the healing process. Keep your tattoo free from hair from both yourself and or pets to avoid infection. Avoid tight fitting clothing and direct contact with sheets and or blankets while sleeping.
5. After a couple of days, your tattoo will begin to flake and peel much like a sunburn. Do not pick at or scratch your tattoo during the healing process.
Call the shop if you have any questions regarding the healing of your tattoo
*Healing lotions or ointments may vary from artist to artist. Be sure to check with your artist to be sure you are using the proper aftercare products.
Aftercare products and directions for use may vary based on your artist and what you had done. Please speak to your artist for your personalized aftercare plan. At Sinful Skin Tattoo & Piercing we proudly use the following products:
For those who prefer a one stop shop experience, ask your artist about the Sinful Skin Aftercare Package when you come in to see us!
A touch up is defined as adding detail that is lost in the healing process of a tattoo, for example a line that might have fallen out or a spot of color that did not stick. Touch ups are not complete reworks of tattoos that have not been properly cared for or that have aged over time. For example, if you get a lot of sun and your tattoo fades that is negligence on your behalf and that does not fall under the umbrella of a free touch up. Also, if you improperly heal a tattoo and or use products that our artists do not recommend this is considered negligence. Please take special care to follow our artists instructions and if you have any questions do not hesitate to call the shop.
As a general policy we offer one free touch up. Touch ups will incur a charge due to negligence and improper aftercare. Some areas of the body often require touch ups due the location of the tattoo rather than the application, free touch ups are not offered for these areas. For example; fingers, toes, and necks. Please consult with your artist if you have any questions in regard to our touch up policy.
***For any additional touch ups thereafter, we ask you consult with your artist. It will be at the individual artists discretion as to the pricing of any further touch ups***